Steve Rajeff teaches distance casting to FFI/IFFF Master Casting Instructors – Long Beach Casting Club – March 29, 2014
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- 0:00 Stroke length/ Tempo/ Trajectory
- 1:14 How many false casts when bonefishing?
- 3:41 Note the textbook FFI definition of the trailing (underslung) loop on his distance backcast
- 3:46 Here’s another example of the trailing loop
- 3:51 Opening/closing wrist throughout the stoke
- 6:10 Rod action’s influence on optimal rotation timing
- 7:04 Tracking
- 8:14 Thumb position
- 8:54 Stance for tracking
- 9:24 Haul speed
- 10:57 Thrust
- 12:25 Elevation of the hand?
- 14:34 Finding your student’s strength position