Steve Peach is a passionate fly angler and member of Sydney Fly Rodders Club.
- Thread on hook.
- Under body – Small foam from point to eye, fatter in front
- Zap-a- gap.
- Tie in chenille back to front and then back then cicada-shaped body
- Large foam pointed tail at the back of the chenille. Tie in first segment then tie in set of rubber legs, wrap around the segment.
- Tie in new segment then up to the eye of the hook (four Segments).
- Tie 8 or more crystal flash strands on the top of the fly – cut half body length past the tail.
- Tie in deer hair the length of the body keep it on top of the fly, trim front excess (more zap-a-gap).
- Cut v-shape in front of the foam.
- Fold the front over and tie it off.
- Tie in a set of legs on both sides – shorter legs in front.
- Whip finish – use half-hitch tool.
- UV resin around the eye and tie off point to keep fly from spinning on the hook. Trim the legs.