The Pheasant Tail Nymph is a fly that no trout fly fisher should be without. It can be tied with or without a bead head, with or without a flashback wingcase and with or without legs. The thorax can be peacock herl or any type of dubbing.
Weighted nymphs are better fished with a floating line where the water is moving a little faster.
- Hook: Size 10 to 20 wet fly
- Thread: Black
- Body: Pheasant tail fibres
- Thorax: Pheasant tail fibres
- Thorax cover: Pheasant tail fibres
- Rib: Fine copper wire
- Tail: 4 to 6 pheasant tail fibres
Tying instructions: Diptera.co.uk.