Dawn's Friend's White Bait Pattern - The Fly Box - Hastings Fly Fishers
- Hook – Size 6 or 8
- Thread – Invisible thread
- Tail and Body – 6 to 8 strands of Crystal flash
- Eyes – Black permanent marking pen
- Body coating – UV resin
- Finisher – Sally Hansen’s Hard-as-Nails
- Cover hook with thread, secure with half hitch and a little Sally Hansen’s Hard-as-Nails.
- Starting at the barb tie in the tale about 1 and half lengths of the body.
- Wind the thread forward securing the crystal flash until just behind the eye of the hook. Return the thread back in line with the barb. Secure with half hitch and put it in the bobbin holder.
- Wrap the crystal flash around the hook building a fish-like body.
- With the body finished tie of the remainder of the flash and add it to the tail. Whip finish. Cut flash at a 45 degree up or down angle. Just not straight.
- Using a black marking pen, touch the side and create an eye on both sides.
- Lightly coat the fly with UV resin and cure
- Then finish with a very light coat of Sally Hansen’s so the fly isn’t sticky. Other alternative is cure the fly in the sun