Denny’s AP Emgerger Variant is a well-known Denny Rickard’s stillwater fly pattern used on lakes and reservoirs all over. The AP (stands for All Purpose) emerger is basically a larger sized soft hackle that had a wood duck, mallard, or partridge tail, a dubbed body with a wire rib through it, a peacock thorax, and a partridge soft hackle. Read More »
Read More »
The Sugar Cube Emerger, or suspender buzzer, is a fairly easy fly to tie using only a few materials but it’s very effective, especially on still water trout.
- Hook: Light weight curved hook like a Kamazan B100 or Tiemco 2487 in sizes 10-20
- Thread: Uni 8/0 or UTC 70 denier
- Tag: Flat gold, silver or pearl tinsel
- Rib: as tag
- Abdomen: Dubbing of your choice
- Thorax: As abdomen
- Head: Plastazote, or other high-density foam cut into a strip.