The Muz Wilson BMS, or “Bullen Meri Special” gets it’s name from Lake Bullen Merri near Camperdown in the volcanic plains of Western Victoria. It is highly regarded as an imitation of the Galaxiid Minnow when tied in olive and when in white, an Australian Smelt. Read More »
- Hook – Size 6 or 8
- Thread – Invisible thread
- Tail and Body – 6 to 8 strands of Crystal flash
- Eyes – Small Spotlight bling eyes ($3)
- Body coating – UV resin
- Finisher – Sally Hansen’s Hard-as-Nails
- Cover hook with thread, secure with half hitch and a little Sally Hansen’s Hard-as-Nails.
Here’s an SBS of a nice easy to tie crab fly that’s great for bonefish, permit, reds etc…anything that eats a crab is going to eat this.
- Hook: Gamakatsu S10S-4H six 6-2/0
- Thread: Tan 6/0 Uni thread
- Weight: Lead or brass dumbbells to suit situation
- Mouthparts: marabou
- Claws: 4 hackle feathers
- Eyes: burnt 30lb mono dipped in epoxy (ready made are fine too)
- Body: EP fibres
- Legs: round rubber or silli legs
Related PostsRead More »
Read More »
Hendo’s Flea Fly is a creation of our Club Patron Brian Henderson. Due to this fly being a new creation/interpretation there is only the folklore of fishing to back up the following pattern.
It has been said that with this fly well presented to tailing whiting sessions of 50+ fish have been achieved.